2nd EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT MANAGER (EAM) IN CHARGE OF OPERATIONS
@ Zuri Zanzibar Hotel & Resort - a member of Design Hotels
Boasting some of the Archipelago’s finest offerings, the Zuri Zanzibar Hotel & Resort will open in May 2018 as Africa's most exciting new hotel development project (a member of Design Hotels - SPG / Marriott).
Take a Sneek Peek at Zuri Zanzibar Hotel & Resort
- Zanzibar, the spice islands Archipelago, Unguja, Pemba and Mafia, is in the Indian Ocean, 50km off the Eastern coast of Tanzania.
- The Northern tip of Zanzibar island, 1.5 hours by car from Kisani International Airport (ZNZ).
- The island of Unguja, commonly named Zanzibar, is an amazing and beautiful place from a preserved nature point of view and was for centuries at the crossroads of trading routes between Europe, Africa and the South-East Asia, which gives her unique cultural points of interest.
About Zuri Zanzibar - in a nutshell:
- Design by Jestico & Whiles from London, sustainable use of materials, an African chic & style feel, slow-food wine & dine, layback and barefoot dress-code.
- 55 exclusive and free-standing villa's, restaurants and bars, 300 meters of private, pristine beach, a lush spice garden, and gorgeous African sunsets.
- Luxury hotel development by a stable and leading international investment house from Europe seeking to grow its investment portfolio of luxury and unique independent hotels, supported by Owner managed central services.
Wanted - unique and service-driven luxury hoteliers:
- You are an hotelier driven by curiosity for the unexplored while guided by non-compromised principles when it comes to humane norms and values.
- You feel at your best with trendy and hip hotels which are strong on lifestyle F&B, such as Buddha Bar, Do & Co, or likewise independent hotels which have built their own brand - you are NOT an old-school luxury hotelier from the Adlon in Berlin, Hôtel Ritz in Paris or the Savoy in London.
- You have minimum 3 years of experience in the advertised role; having worked in East Africa and pre-opening is a big plus.
- You have excellent knowledge of English and ideally other languages (French, German, Spanish).
- You are hardworking and dedicated, flexible attitude and able to adapt to new working environment/culture, understand that personally following up on issues is an imperative factor for success in the workplace, meticulous and precise, and charming & personable with excellent people & communication skills.
The 2nd Executive Assistant Manager in charge of Operations (EAM) will assist a peer EAM and the Hotel General Manager (GM) in the overall tasks related to administration, planning and supervision of the project.
There are two stages of this job assignment:
- Administration and Operational Support to the Construction team.
- Preopening planning.
- To organize and supervise the opening process.
- Once in operation, to oversee and control all the general operations of the Hotel.
Summary of Responsibilities:
General Description during Preopening:
- To oversee and control all the pre-opening planning for the Hotel:
- Elaborate with GM the Preopening and Opening Plan.
- Define General Operative Manual: Hotel concept, services and facilities.
- Actively organize the recruitment and training process for the future operational departments.
- Organize the correct planning for each operational department.*
- Ensure the correct elaboration of operational standards, manuals and procedures.
- Ensure the planning of logistics and procurement.
- Operational Budgeting.
General Description of Operation:
- To ensure a smooth transition from construction to operation.
- Ensure a successful official opening.
- To oversee and control all the general operations of the hotel and activities related thereto.
- To oversee the management of all the departments of the hotel.*
- To oversee the daily functions of the hotel by monitoring each Head of Department.
- To follow the instructions from the GM regarding decisions and implementation of policies.
- To ensure that there are no changes in décor, menus or concepts without prior written approval by the GM.
- To act as a responsible spokesperson for the hotel.
- To attend functions as required including local government gatherings as a representative of the hotel when necessary.
- To provide a written report to the GM on monthly basis regarding issues concerning the hotel.
- To ensure that the rules & regulations that govern the workplace are followed by staff and management.
- To continuously try to exceed the high standards & success of the hotel.
- To be responsible for planning ahead and setting goals for the individual departments and the hotel in general.
- To lead and organize the staff including the senior managers in all operations.
- To report any guest complaints to the GM.
* Front Office and Housekeeping, Food and Beverage, Maintenance and Gardens, Finance, Human Resources, Security, Sports and Wellness.
- Must have either EU or local passport - we regret, no other passport!
- Hotel school diploma or degree in hotel management or related field.
- Proven working experience in 5-star hotels in an executive committee leadership role, more than 3-5 years of experience in this position
- Experience in Tanzania and/or East Africa and Preopening would be a big plus.
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, PMS, POS and online booking technology).
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company (also labour unions), and to make effective and arguable decisions (a team of 200 to 250 people).
- Experienced in performance management applying USALI, very patient & able to train and supervise the staff within their department, and essentially being meticulous and precise.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
Rewarding Experience & Compensation:
- Enjoy a lasting, unique and memorable life experience, and mark your career by being part of Africa's leading hotel development project.
- Opportunity for balanced personal and career growth, both with the Zuri Zanzibar Hotel & Resort and new hospitality projects being developed in Europe by the Owning Company.
- Package including a net salary in USD of 3K - 4K per month, single housing, board, medical, holiday and flights.
- Please click on the below link and follow the instructions how to apply.
- We will send you an automatic acknowledgement of receipt.
- Further steps are an assessment interview, and finally a direct interview with the employer (either via video call) or in person.
- Should you not hear from us within the next 14 days we regret that your application has been unsuccessful.
- Please be assured of our commitment to confidentiality, and considering your application with the same care and attention you have put into.
About Hotel Talent Search:
Our niche is to recruit professional European hoteliers who have the DNA, mindset, and maturity to fit independent or franchised hotels and restaurants only.
- Hotel Talent Search is 100% free of charge to Candidates, while the privacy of your data is assured.
- You will never be presented to a possible employer without your prior consent; nor are your references checked before you agree to this.
- Our service is personalised, differentiates itself from mass job-boards, and is, in essence, a referral service which works on the basis of common trust, respect and professionalism.
Please visit the website for full details: www.hoteltalentsearch.com
Hotel Talent Search